You can back up your files with a cloud storage service that keeps a history or archive of your files, such as OneDrive which is now fully integrated into Windows 10 and Windows 8.1, and Microsoft Office.
Best practices you should take:
- Install and use an up-to-date antivirus solution (such as Microsoft Security Essentials.)
- Make sure your software is up-to-date.
- Avoid clicking on links or opening attachments or emails from people you don’t know or companies you don’t do business with. \
- Ensure you have smart screen (in Internet Explorer) turned on.
- Regularly backup your important files.
After you have removed the ransomware infection from your computer, you can restore previous unencrypted versions of your Office files using “version history”
Click here for more information on Ransomware and helpful solutions to this cyber issue.
Posted on: 05/21/2017
Return to News